Motherhood, Parenting and Everything in between

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 27, 2007

terrible twos

I called home to check up on how the boys are doing and I asked kyle’s nanny if I could talk to him, our conversation goes like this:

Me: hi kyle! What are you doing?

Kyle: mommy! Mommy!

Me: what are you doing? Where’s keon?

Kyle: gibberish. Keon iping (sleeping) gibberish again

Me: keon’s sleeping? Are you looking after him?

Kyle: mommy mommy uh-uh. Gibberish again. Keon dede

Me: so keon drank his milk na. how about you?

Kyle: no no

Me: why? Don’t you like your milk?

Kyle: gibberish. No dede

Me: ok no dede for you. Eat your dinner later ok?

And then I realized I was talking to his nanny already.

I guess he got bored talking to me because I was asking him a lot of questions.

~~

We’re still struggling with project potty training. And my little boy is still scared when he sees the toilet bowl and even those kiddie potty seats. So I guess we’ll have to endure a few months and days of diapers and wet beds.

He’s not yet ready. Haaay…

~~

Last night we were watching Hannibal rising when I told kyle that he has to go to bed already considering he was cranky already and crying for no reason at all. I asked his nanny if she could put him to sleep while I finish the big mac I was eating. But since kyle was bratty already. He chose to sit beside me while I prepared to eat the burger. I was telling him he has to go to bed now and to stop moving around and disturbing his uncle. Out of anger I guess, because I was telling him to stop, he grabbed half of the burger and almost threw it at me! Good thing his hands got covered in the mayo and the relish that all he could do was drew back his hand and utter: eeew.

I was half mad half stifling my laughter for what he did. I really couldn’t stay mad at my little boy. It was too cute to watch.

~~

2 comments:

fcb said...

potty training tip: pretend you dont have diapers, like you forgot to buy or something so he has to tell you if he needs to go weewee:)

#2: (ken trained cushie this way since pareho naman silang boys) he would weewee with cushie, to which cushie got entertained kasi parang may fountains of weewee's (yeah, gross kung gross) swimming down the toilet from daddy and cushie:)

Haze said...

we tried that too. but it seems he's still not ready. although i'm not forcing him to. but the temptation of less diapers to buy is just too, well, tempting.

he's just scared sitting on the toilet but when we brush his teeth, he's eager to do it in the washroom though.

i guess i'll have to find a very attractive potty for him.

thanks for the tip, will try that again, once he starts showing hints again.