Motherhood, Parenting and Everything in between

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Baby Updates

My liitle one will be 6 months this November 6 and my time flies so fast. It was literally like yesterday when I found out I was pregnant. Funny thing was, I remember that day like it just happened last night. The night we found out I was pregnant again, we were more scared than the first time we told my parents. How funny can that get? Imagine me having a baby who’s turning one then getting this scared telling my parents, there’s another one on the way. Amazingly, my mom and her super powers of motherly instinct, knew before we even opened our mouths. Funny thing, a month before, she even warned us to take extra care so that I won’t get pregnant again. But then even after all the precautions and pag-iingat. Well, I guess we still hit the jackpot. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining here. I’m happy! Overflowing with happiness.

As I’ve said I’m nearing my 6th month meaning 3 months to go and another baby comes out of me. I’m more scared than before. I’m more worried on what would happen when labor starts. I wasn’t scared the first time since I didn’t know I was in labor. But now, well… things may be a bit different. I’m also scared out of my wits knowing that I’m going to feel the pain of those pesky contractions again. And I don’t want to go into a screaming fit all over again. Which by the way caught me off guard that time. And me calling for my mommy. Imagine that! How pathetic can I get? A pregnant woman in labor and active contractions asking for her mommy!

Of course not discounting the fact that it’s the time of the month where the bathroom has become my friend again, with frequent trips to pee anytime of the day and especially in ungodly hours when everybody’s off to dreamland. And should I mention the difficulty in finding that perfect sleeping position that’s good for you and the baby? No ample amount of pillows or even aishi’s hotdog pillow helps in finding it.

And they say being pregnant is just great.

Anyway, as usual, I have strayed from the usual topic at hand. Baby number 2. She – yes, I am assuming baby number 2’s a she. She is having the grandest time of her life inside me. I guess she just recently discovered that she can move about my tummy thus adding more discomfort for me. I’ve recently felt sharp movements and I have this hunch that it’s either her elbow or he knee.

I’m also crossing my fingers that by the end of this month, I’ll be confirming if baby number 2 is a girl or not. But then, I’m still happy that I’ll be carrying a healthy and happy baby.  Will post her next ultrasound picture soon. 

No comments: