Motherhood, Parenting and Everything in between

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, September 23, 2005

a really late blog post

i was supposed to document the last months of my pregnancy until the delivery but i never got to do so since i was really busy and lazy at the same time. but the opportunity came to finally write about it since our email server is busted and i can't do proper work without my email.
so anyway, on with the story...

first week of july

i was still in the office preparing my turnover report and making follow ups with my clients. i still had the energy to go to work since i was sure that i would give birth right on my due date which was on the 29th. i was being brought and fetched by aishi everyday. i was strictly prohibited to commute on my own. but there were unavoidable circumstances that i had to since if aishi had to leave for an out of town thing or he would be coming home late. good thing i have an office mate who lives near our place.

july 12

i was taking one day at a time at work since i had 2 false alarms already. but i was still confident that i would give birth end of july. i already filed my maternity leave as advised by my mom. left work the usual time and went on with the usual routines when i get home. come around 12 midnight, i started to have pains in my lower back and i was waking up to pee. this happened every hour or so. aishi was getting worried but i told him i was ok.

july 13 around 1030am

aishi was still at home with me. i was online chatting with my office mates. called my mom to tell her that i was having pains in my lower back earlier and i was peeing often. she told me that i "might" be in labor. she told me to check everytime i pee if i "showed" already, meaning if i had some pinkish mucous-y discharge. the moment that i felt like peeing, i checked, and there it was, a bloody show. i told aishi that i'm in labor already. called up my mom again. we waited for her to come home before we left for the hospital.

12:30 pm same day

i was already admitted into the hospital. i was being checked for the time being by the attending OB since at that time my OB was attending another delivery. the doctor was amazed at me coz i was really realxed and chatting with them. i was even asked if i was feeling the contractions, i had to say yes even if i really wasn't hehe.

1:30 pm

after an internal exam by my ob to check how far i was dilated, i was then transferred into the labor room. around 15 mins into chatting with the nurses and the interns, i felt that my water bag burst. beleive me when i say that when the water bag bursts, it DOES NOT feel like you just peed. it felt like all the fluids inside me came rushing out. so don't beleive those movies where a girl says her water bag broke and the water comes our trickling... the water RUSHES out!! after that surprising revelation, the pains began. from there i felt the pain. every contraction felt like i was being ripped apart. i had to squeeze one of the attending intern's hand to help ease the pain. i even remembered asking for my mommy and the doctor told me "nde na pwede mommy mo, mommy ka na rin noh" now, i find that really funny.

around 2-2:30 pm

after another IE, i was then transferred into the delivery room. this is it. the moment of truth. i was prepped, shaved down there, and i was asked to push...
i was creaming like hell (think typical pinoy movie where a woman is giving birth, ganun) and after 2-3 pushes...

i woke up in the recovery room around 5pm. hehehe

i totally forgot what happened. i think i passed out from all the pushing and from the delivery of kyle. but i was happy everything was over.

in the delivery room, i was also with another patient. she was there before me. but was already being prepped for a CS delivery. tigas kasi ng ulo ayaw mag push, nagalit tuloy si OB. after 10 mins or so in the recovry room, the same girl i was with was just being wheeled into the room. yan kasi ang kulit eh...

and from all that exciting roller coaster ride into the delivery room, i was able to see my baby boy.

and the bisitas came rushing in... hehehe

No comments: