Motherhood, Parenting and Everything in between

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 22, 2005

A Letter to an Angel..

It was a dreary October night when i met you. You were surprisingly different from the angels that i knew. somehow, in the few minutes that i met you i knew you were different. you were something special. there was this distinct aura in you that i knew would be very hard to miss. i knew we were meant to be together. the minutes passed into hours and you still enchant me with your presence. you were this warm blanket that enveloped me with undeniable comfort. i knew you were sent to me.

time stood still between us. the world around us seems to pass by in a fast blur. it was just me and you. in a blink of an eye, you came.

you caught me unaware. i was a different person before i met you. i thought tangible things are the only entities that existed. i didn't believe in things beyond comprehension co-exists with things that are. i never beleived in instances where the moment you meet that person, everything would totally change. i never knew life would be so much better. it's truly a blessing you came that fateful night. even in the storm, you were my sunshine. you were the sunrise of my life.

you brought out something in me that i didn't know i had. it was like someone opened a secret door. with you. i'm stripped of all the impurities and malice. you reached into the deepest parts of my existence. you filled an empty void.

you were that needle in the haystack.

but then, in a blink of an eye, you were gone. my world came crashing down on me. it was like being in my own funeral.it was like being stuck all alone in the rain. i was left shivering. alone and lonely. i then realized that i could not exist without you. you were the one who completed my soul. you were my sheild. i never realized that being with you was like holding fine sand in my hands. slowly you were slipping away...

i forgot to count the days since you left. i slowly watch the days turn into night over and over again. my heart was bursting with questions i know would never be answered. it makes me feel like i'm a tree slowling losing all my leaves. you took something special from me like a thief in the night. you were there one moment and gone the next even before i could reach out and touch you. even before i could say how happy you've made me.

you were gone. you were gone. vanished. erased from my life maybe forever. everytime i wake up, i always see the sunset. i'm wishing to see the sunset again... wishing to see you.

if you could hear me now, i'm trying to be happy. trying to live my life again, coping without you. but i know this would be a very long journey. you were part of me and now i lost you. there would never be anything the same as you even if they come by the thousands. you were rare. you were special.

was it my fault that i let you go?

maybe in the next lifetime i'll see you again. and from there, we can start over and this time, there's no letting go.

you are my angel and forever will be...

No comments: