Motherhood, Parenting and Everything in between

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 20, 2005

those cuddly cutie beings called babies

i spent the whole weekend at my mother-in-law's place and had the chance to spend some time with my new family. i was also able to spend more time with the new addition to the family. (of course, kyle would be the newest come july) a little baby girl named tanya sophia, nicknamed pia by aishi's grandma. but we all call her "shobe" chinese for little sister. kyle would be called "shoti" chinese for little brother.

my mother in law was gracious enough to give me a liitle responsibility to take care of this yummy smelling bundle of joy to our family. if she's busy taking care of shobe's older sister maan, i look after her making sure when she pees, her diaper gets changed asap. i just love watching her sleep or if she's awake stare at her and talk to her. it's never too early to talk to a newborn baby. it helps establish a bond between the two of you even though this baby did not come from me. i believe there would be a certain level of comfort for the baby once he/she gets to hear your voice at an early age. that's what i plan to do with kyle. actually i've been doing it ever since. i just ask aishi to particiapte more since kyle hears my voice everyday 24/7. it would be better for him to recognize our voice before he comes out.

i just could not understand some people who could not stand seeing babies. i think that babies are the most adorable creatures in the world before they mature into full grown human beings. at such a young age, they already know how to get your affection and manipulate you in their own sweet little way. i just love their powerdery cologne-y scent even if they've just peed or pooped. especially babies who are not yet fed solid food. their poo smells like milk. hehehe

i really just can't wait for my baby kyle to come into this world. 1 more month of waiting.. it's true what they say in the books, during the last trimester of a woman, the more she gets impatient with the arrival of the baby into the family. well in my case it's not only me that's impatient. it's my whole family!! from my dad to my deadpan youngest brother...

No comments: