Motherhood, Parenting and Everything in between

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

7 signs your child loves you

got this from baby center:

The BabyCenter Seven: Signs that your child loves you

1. Your newborn stares into your eyes — he's actually working hard to memorize your face. He doesn't understand anything else about the world, but he knows you're important.
2. Your baby thinks about you even when you're not around. Between 8 and 12 months old, he'll start to scrunch his face and look around when you leave the room — and he'll smile when you return.
3. Your toddler throws wicked tantrums. Nope, those screaming fits don't mean he's stopped loving you. He wouldn't be so hurt and angry if he didn't trust you so deeply.
4. Your toddler runs to you for comfort when he falls down or feels sad. Kids this age may not truly understand the meaning of "I love you," but their actions speak louder than words.
5. Your preschooler gives you a flower picked from the garden, a finger-painted heart, a sparkly rock, or another gift.
6. Your preschooler wants your approval. He'll start to be more cooperative around the house, and he'll look for chances to impress. "Look at me!" will become a catchphrase.
7. Your grade-schooler trusts you with secrets, like his first crush or his most embarrassing moment. You're his confidante, even if he shies away from your hugs in public.

i agree on this and yes, my sons do love me.

imagine waking up and seeing them smile at you, beats any perfect sunrise.
the way they fight for my attention when i get home, makes me feel really in demand. ha!
when kyle throws tantrums if and when i am within his line of sight. if i'm not at home he doesn't make a grand performance of it. and when i leave for work in the morning, imagine the cries, the shouts and the flowing tears as of i'll never be back and he won't see me anymore.
the way keon's face lights up when he sees me approach him.
the way keon would put his head on my shoulder when it's time for bed or when he'll immediately fall fast asleep when i put him on my chest and leave a contented sigh.
the way he sleeps when i give him my tigger pillow, my scent must lull him to sleep.
the way he would call our attention when we're playing with kyle.

yes, my kids do love me. and of course their dad too, but they have their own ways of expressing how much they love their dad too. :)

No comments: